- The catharsis of both writing and knowing that others were out there reading and walking the journey with me.
- The ability to utilize this site to get resources to people who need them.
- Knowing that moms felt less isolated and alone when they read my raw and honest account of the ups and many, many downs of a long recovery process.
- The joy and reassurance of my readers that I was not alone as I embarked upon a second pregnancy and postpartum experience.
- The amazing community of "virtual" friends, who feel VERY real, I have gained via social media, all because of those first published posts.
- The path that God provided me by allowing a blog to turn into so much more...a blog, Twitter, Facebook page and groups, and on and on...which allowed me to shift into a paid position in my church focused on what else...? Social Media!
There is much to be thankful for. And while this is not a goodbye at all, I felt I owed you a bit of an apology for being absent so long and so often of late, as well as a warning that I won't be posting here regularly any longer. I will continue accept and publish appropriate guest posts, as I want to always be a safe place for women to share their stories privately or publicly. But, I have found that the best way for me to do the work I am called to do is to simply be available. Being available means that this blog will become more of a resource website now. The five years of posts are easily searchable through the search box or via the labels related to the subject matter of the posts. I am confident that those in need can either sift through my posts to find the best fit for their situation or that reach out in other ways.
Here are just a few of the places you can find me:
Email me at atlantamom930 (at) gmail.com
Arrivederci: From Italian arrivederci, from a (“to”) with rivederci (“we see each other again”), from the infinitive rivedersi (“to see each other or meet again”), from ri- with the infinitive vedersi (“to see oneself”), from vedere (“to see”) with si (“self”).
From the very bottom of my heart...thank you, thank you, thank each and every one of you.
See you again,